At LH Agenda, self-care is something we not only recommend, but deem essential. As such, we have compiled a great selection of our favourite positive quotes about self-care! Use them as a reminder that you deserve and need to prioritise things that are good for your wellbeing.
PS – screenshot your favourite quote cards to an album on your phone and read them anytime you need a blast of motivation.
1. “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” – Paulo Coehlo
2. “The best health care plan is a self-care plan.” – Nina Leavins
3. “Taking care of yourself isn’t about trying to become perfect. It’s about realizing and honouring, in every moment, that you already are.” – Vironika Tugaleva
4. “Sometimes self-care is exercising and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire series of television in one weekend while you lounge around in your pyjamas. Whatever soothes your soul.”
5. “Self-care is not a luxury. Indeed not. It allows us to show up in this tumultuous world as the best versions of ourselves.”
6. “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brownn
7. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
8. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
9. “If you think taking care of yourself is selfish, change your mind. If you don’t, you’re simply ducking your responsibilities.” – Ann Richards
10. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts… good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful.” – Michelle Obama
What are your favourite positive quotes about self-care? Let us know in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to check out our Instagram for your daily dose of motivation!