As leaders wielding influence over other people, it’s important to bring a positive energy to our work. We’ve pulled together our favourite 10 happiness quotes for female leaders to remind you to celebrate, appreciate the little things, and not take life so seriously. Try saving these quote images to your phone or laptop to look back on whenever you need a little mood boost, then go out and kick those goals!
1. “When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.” – Cynthia Heimel
2. “This world is full of stories of people who found their calling in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond. It is never too late to find yourself.”
3. “If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade & try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” – Ron White
4. “Get clear on the source of your happiness. Then never stop pursuing it.”
5. “The sooner you step away from your comfort zone, the sooner you’ll realise that it wasn’t really all that comfortable.” – Eddie Harris Jr.
6. “Gratitude can be an elusive feeling at times. Sometimes we need to take things back to basics and be thankful for each breath, each smile and each sunrise we get to experience.”
7. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” – Ingrid Bergman
8. “Find a beautiful piece of art. If you fall in love with Van Gogh or Matisse or John Oliver Killens, or if you fall love with the music of Coltrane, the music of Aretha Franklin, or the music of Chopin – find some beautiful art and admire it, and realize that that was created by human beings just like you, no more human, no less.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.” – André Gide
10. “You owe it to yourself to be more than one thing in this life. Chase every dream you have.”
Is there a quote that makes you happy? Let us know your favourite happiness quotes in the comment section below.