Using headshots and professional portrait branding photographs is vital to attract the right type of clientele to your business, so how do you ensure that you are conveying the right messages, that you are an authentic leader?
Your branding image includes the photos that you use to portray yourself on your website, business cards and any other social media or online networking platform.
Here are a few tips on creating the right type of branding headshot:
1) When ensuring the right look for my clients, natural lighting is key! If your images don’t have sufficient light, you may just end up looking rather outdated and dull – possibly a little off-putting to your clients! In addition, avoid any type of harsh lighting as this can bring attention to frown lines. For a great authentic image, it is important to highlight the trust building features of your face, like your smile or eyes.
2) For a great image, make sure your eyes are clearly visible as they reveal so much about who you are. A clear shot of your eyes will also assist you in coming across as more authentic. Remember – People like to feel like they can trust you before they’re willing to go out on a limb and purchase your product or services.
3) Make sure that you take the time before your shoot to dress for the part before you have your photograph taken, especially if you’re trying to brand yourself and business for online success. Visual branding largely relies on the trust that you build, and looking unkept is one of the surest ways to do the exact opposite. For example, if you’re a woman, then enhance your features with appropriately styled makeup or have your hair styled in a professional manner. Your photographer should have a consistency for the look of your corporate branding images, so make sure you ask to see their photography portfolios ahead of time to ensure they’re suitably skilled for the job.
4) A prime example of corporate digital branding gone wrong is using sexy poses and clothing in your online business brand. You may end up scaring clients away. A sexy corporate branding image is an inappropriate representation of your business – if you don’t believe that, let your customers do the talking.
5) Ensure your personality is shining through like a beacon. A tuned in photographer should be able to capture this easily for you. If you do this correctly, you will successfully connect with your clients because you will come across as an authentic person – not just some face they recognise from the Internet. Your clients will feel the authentic connection via professional branding images. You’ll know when you’ve achieved this level of authenticity by the way your clients interact with you, and the way they recommend you to other people.
Get more out of every day, at work and at play, with our range of Day Organisers that will up your game. Its unique layout will clarify your priorities, stimulate productivity and give you a daily dose of motivation.
To make sure you’re getting started in the right direction, make sure you’re using a highly skilled professional photographer who is experienced with online personal branding portrait photography. Investing in yourself will make a difference to your business in the long run. There is a massive difference between your friend’s digital camera images and a professional photographer who taps into you the brand, poses you well, includes the correct lighting, make up and provides an overall positive atmosphere for your personal brand success.
Zahrina is Australia’s Leading Personal Branding Portrait Photographer for Business Women – She creates magnetic and insightful images that talk 24/7 to best represent her clients businesses in the social media and online world. Through her coaching and authentic approach, Zahrina brings out the best in her clients as she gets to know them behind their public persona, capturing their true essence and X-Factor. To find out more about Zahrina and view a wide range of her images, please see http://www.BrandUPortraits.com